1. We respect your privacy
- Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
- This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
2. Collection of personal information
- Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
- Our website’s contact forms require users to give us contact information (such as their name and email address).
- Our website uses contact forms for website users to request information on our services and order forms for purchases. We collect visitor’s contact information, such as their email address, payment information and shipping address.
4. Use of your personal information
- Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel use the IP addresses of website visitors to help diagnose problems with our server, understand how users are utilizing our website, and to administer our website.
- Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may
- include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- investigate any complaints.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- Contact information from forms is used to send information to our website users. Website user contact information is also used to get in touch with them when necessary. Order forms are used to process your orders.
- Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings for non-transactional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our emails.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to Singapore, United States.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law. We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
7. Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
8. Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to the United States of America, Canada, and Singapore.
- We and our other group companies have offices and/or facilities in Australia. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel’s Data Protection Officer.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia and Singapore. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel’s Data Protection Officer.
- Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in Australia and the United States of America. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel’s Data Protection Officer.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
9. Security of your personal information
- This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use industry-standard SSL encryption to scramble information on the way to and from the website server. Our servers are protected and require user authentication for access.
- Where Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel employs data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
10. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [email protected].
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
11. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website (Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel) we may collect certain information such as:
browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Refer to “Personalised Ads” section 13 for further details.
15. Third Party Sites
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Deepwater Commercial Hotel Motel is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
16. Personalised Ads
- We may participate with our marketing partners for purposes of providing personalised ads based on your interests. This activity is performed by collecting Usage Data and by using cookies and other tracking and data collection methodologies discussed above to transfer information to our marketing partners which manage advertising activities.
- AdWords (Google) – We may participate in AdWords program which is a personalised ad service provided by Google Inc. that connects the activity of this site with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick cookie. Information collected: cookie and Usage Data. For the opt-out, visit –> https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google) – We may participate in any and all of the following Google Analytics Advertising Features provided by Google: Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) for connecting the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its cookies with the Adwords advertising network and the DoubleClick cookie (a third-party cookie). Information collected: cookie and Usage Data, including audience data such as age, gender, and interests. For the opt-out, visit –> https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en You may opt-out of the Google Analytics service with the Google’s Browser Add-on that’s available at –> https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- For information in general about Google’s personalised ad campaigns, and specifically about information regarding DoubleClick cookies and how to control and manage Google’s advertising cookies for these campaigns, visit –> http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- For information regarding how Google uses data when you use Google’s partners’ sites or apps, visit –> http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Custom Audience (Facebook). We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience program which enables us to display personalised ads to persons on our email lists when they visit Facebook.com. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to Facebook to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook. You may opt-out of participation in our Facebook Custom Audience by sending an email, from the email address you are opting out of, to the email address provided in our contact information below. For your opt-out to be effective, you must: (i) place the following text in the subject line of the email – “Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads”, and (ii) in the body of the email, include your name and email address. We will forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of our Facebook Custom Audience Ads.
- Other Personalised And Behavioral Advertising Services. We may participate in additional retargeting and behavioral advertising services that will be similar to the services described above.
- Managing Personalised Ads. You can control the placement of cookies and other data collection methodologies for purposes of opting out.
17. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
All actions arising from this policy would be decided upon under New South Wales and Australian Law.
18. OPT-IN / OPT-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS FROM DEEPWATER HOTEL
- Our website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. This website gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so as to not receive future communications, or to no longer receive our service.
- Email [email protected]
- Send a request by mail to:
PO Box 1469
19. CORRECT / UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
- This website gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- Email [email protected]
- Send a request by mail to:
PO Box 1469
This policy was last updated on August 27, 2022.